Search the forum,

Discuss Copper pipe fitted in stud wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just a quick one. I have to fit 15mm copper pipe [H+C] into an internal plasterboard cavity wall which is just insulated with rockwool. Will be lucky if the length of copper pipes in the cavity be around 1 meter in length to the drop in the floor.

The question is do i have to put anything around the copper pipes to protect them in the cavity space?

1. In theory you are supposed to insulate the pipes. In practice I would expect the rockwool to do a good enough insulation job.
2. You don't need to protect the copper from rockwool.
3. The clipping distance for vertical 15 mm copper pipe is 1.8 metres, so you can probably get away without clips provided the pipes are well supported at each end.

Reply to Copper pipe fitted in stud wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock