Discuss converting 1" MDPE to 25mm MDPE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bide

This is a new one to me. House has some MDPE piping dating from mid-eighties which is 1". I've cut into this to install a T but current 25mm fittings won't fit the pipe. I guess old pipe is .4mm too big. Any suggestions as how to convert? Thanks

is it black?????

Cut a piece off and take to a decent merchants, you will be able to get the fittings you need.

Thanks, I planned on that tomorrow and I daresay it will be a fudge. Just wondered if anyone else has bumped into this and maybe has a good solution?

Thanks, I planned on that tomorrow and I daresay it will be a fudge. Just wondered if anyone else has bumped into this and maybe has a good solution?

you could try a 32mm fitting sometimes they fit snug without seeing it i cant be sure

Shauncorbs; thanks for the link. Will suggest this tomorrow; I daresay something like this will do the trick.

Thanks Shaun, already tried that, sadly one fudge that wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to converting 1" MDPE to 25mm MDPE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock