Discuss converting 1" MDPE to 25mm MDPE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bide

This is a new one to me. House has some MDPE piping dating from mid-eighties which is 1". I've cut into this to install a T but current 25mm fittings won't fit the pipe. I guess old pipe is .4mm too big. Any suggestions as how to convert? Thanks

is it black?????

Cut a piece off and take to a decent merchants, you will be able to get the fittings you need.

Thanks, I planned on that tomorrow and I daresay it will be a fudge. Just wondered if anyone else has bumped into this and maybe has a good solution?

Thanks, I planned on that tomorrow and I daresay it will be a fudge. Just wondered if anyone else has bumped into this and maybe has a good solution?

you could try a 32mm fitting sometimes they fit snug without seeing it i cant be sure

Shauncorbs; thanks for the link. Will suggest this tomorrow; I daresay something like this will do the trick.

Thanks Shaun, already tried that, sadly one fudge that wouldn't work.

Thanks plumben, found a solution this morning. I cut into the old poly to insert a T and to convert to copper. A brass poly stopcock fits the 1", converts to copper, and gives me stopcock as well. Two of these at 8 quid each seems to give me the most efficient and economical solution to the problem. Thanks everyone for your ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to converting 1" MDPE to 25mm MDPE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock