Discuss Conservatory Radiator question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Captain Carling

Hi all, my parents have just had a conservatory built and they are having a radiator fitted to work off there existing system (combi boiler).
I suggested that they should have the rad isolated and be able to turn it on and off without having to have the rest of the heating system on.
My question is, is this possible and how do they go about it?

Is possible and requires a bit of upheaval as it needs to be on its own zone.

In fact the way you are thinking is completely in line with building regs, well done!

I wouldnt, just add an electric convector heater to be able to use it when cold.

You should plan heating before you start building.

I would also consider electric under floor heating.
Also.
inverter air con unit/ air to air heat pump. This will work as an electric convection fan heater in one mode or air con in another. In air con mode they are very cheap to run. Depending on the model I guess it could cost about ÂŁ1,000 supplied and fitted.

Thanks for the input guys. Their plumber is there now discussing their options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conservatory Radiator question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock