Search the forum,

Discuss Common duct for gas and electric in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just a quick question on common ducts for gas laundry appliances. I have recently looked at a gas ironer which shared a common duct with 2 electric dryers. I believe this isn't allowed but the manufacturer sais it's up to a risk assessment. Any ideas anyone.

Are all appliances just using this duct for flue extraction and not air intake as well ?

Are all appliances just using this duct for flue extraction and not air intake as well ?
Air intake is via exterior door grills and plentiful so ventilation is fine. These are open flued appliances. I don't believe different fuel types can share a common flue(exhaust duct) but saying that, I don't think different appliances can share either. The ironer has no dampener so even if it was all gas then I don't think it would be safe. Anyway I'm hoping to hear more from the manufacturers soon.

All depends on the manufacturer and the common flue designer to see if it can take moist air and doesn’t start to fill the duct up with water eg condensing and it should have a nrv etc

Reply to Common duct for gas and electric in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock