Search the forum,

Discuss Commissioning commercial boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone commission commercial boilers fitted by others?
Can you give me an idea of what you charge?

I have been asked to look at a pair or Ideal Evomax 100s
(smallish wall hung boilers in a new build leisure centre)

I know domestically it's frowned upon but it's very common commercially, I have done many plant rooms myself that have been commissioned by the manufacturer or another person.

I'm interested in this too as I don't have the commercial ticket but ocasionaly am asked to fit small commercial in large domestic situations. I fact anyone interested in fitting a 60 kw Valiant in Daventry for me. Drop me a pm.

Commercial boiler suppliers usually provide a commissioning service, as a package when supplying the boilers. Basically, you'll have to get very competent and have confidence of supplier to do the work. It's a great way of picking up new service work for the future.

I do Hoval boilers on behalf of Hoval. The rate's set by them and they pay us.

Commercial rates *should* be IMHO at least 50% above domestic.
We charge ÂŁ50 ph for commercial work.

unless the manufacturer asked us i wouldnt commission anyone else's work

Used to be involved in it years ago. To b honest rarely was anything ready to go, wired up correctly, installation to standard. Contractors would do substandard work, then expect you to wave a magic wand and put it right. More hassle than it's worth half d time for the commissioning fee.

I demand a test and purge cert for the gas work and a cert for the chimney before I even turn up.

And the first issue I come across that isn't readily sorted I pack my tools up, submit a report and FO.

Croppie the tofo

Without a care in the world. But not always.

Had a nice one in the Republic this morning. ..

"Any thing I should know about your boiler house before I start the service?"
"Nah, not really. Hang on while I turn the gas on."
"?!?!?!?!? You've turned the gas off ?!?!?!?!?"
"Yeah, we do every night. Place stinks of gas in the morning otherwise. ....."
"?!?!?!?!?................ WHAT?????"

2 box unions passing. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commissioning commercial boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a domestic ticket. When questioned he said it was ok as all the boilers he works on are under 70kw? He also says he does not touch the commercial catering...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock