Search the forum,

Discuss commissioning boilers in a block of flats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have got a mate who is working for a plumbing company in a block of flats. Apparently there is 20 wb boilers installed that need to be commissioned. All gas carcass is track pipe and is all on show, and the boiler is the only appliance. All flues exit out of the wall.

Would you commission them and if yes how much per boiler

Its a gray area and usually I would say no but if you can inspect every part of the install then maybe but they would be having to pay what it would cost for me to install them after all your taking the responsibility whos fault is it when a boiler falls off the wall at the top and breaks the flue?

Tb014, ÂŁ500 per boiler.

Why can't the company that installed them, commission them?

I had a look at lunch time. A couple of things I picked up. Concealed flues with no access hatches. No prv on heating, no expansion vessels on heating side, no pumps on heating side, no automatic bypass valves. Bidet shower hoses installed incorrectly. So I decided to give it a miss. Oh, condensate ' s running up hill.

I dread to think what will happen if they get signed off. 800k flats too

Did your mate warn you it was rough or did he do the work?

Not to the extent that it was. Just said I could charge what ever I wanted. No, he didn't do the work. It was the company before his who just walked off the job

Not to the extent that it was. Just said I could charge what ever I wanted. No, he didn't do the work. It was the company before his who just walked off the job

You can charge what ever because no one is getting paid by the sounds of it lol!

Cash up front and lots of it or don't worry. I would be re installing and supplying new gear ÂŁ5k a flat materials 2k labour. If you get it I'm on the train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commissioning boilers in a block of flats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using their boilers to heat their flats, there is obviously lots of steam coming out of all the different Boiler Flue Vents. if I open my window or go outside...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock