Search the forum,

Discuss combustion ratio? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkflow

hi need some advice as getting bit confused.
action point for combustion ratio for a combi not condensing is 0.008
what is the action point for a condensing boiler as have read 0.008 is I.D and 0.004 is A.R is the right????

many thanks

MI's dictate. Worcester for example state 0.0020 for a ratio, if there is no specific readings in the manuals then go off the generic guidelines. Anything over would be AR. If for example the inner flue had perished and was causing vitiation to give a high reading on a boiler it would be ID.

An unsatisfactory combustion reading on a room sealed boiler is only ever going to be 'AR'. Only if these POC's were to enter the room would it be 'ID'.
The MI's are required to confirm the ratio action points for a condensing appliance as most also dictate CO² limits. The Ideal HE boilers specify ratio of 0.004 and Worcester 0.002. So MI's are definitely required to confirm these limits.

The general limits for a standard eff. room sealed boiler are 0.004 or 0.008 after strip clean.

in the case of a performa 30 he,baxi dont want you to do a fga the boiler will never be in any spec,duotecs are 0.004 or under

Have a read of TB 126. GSR recommends that boilers with air/gas ratio valves and manufactured by members of HHIC are classified as:

Exceeds .008 = ID
Exceeds .004 but not exceeds .008, or exceeds manu's guidance = AR

This TB has been around for a while and it's a bit of a shame they've never incorporated the guidance into Unsafe Sits.

That seems a bit odd! So do they typically exceed .008?
yes,its to do with the resistance trough the recuperator oddly the 24kw does give a good reading typically 0.002 flat out on dhw

I have found very few outside spec, and I have serviced hundreds.

We have a few hundred of these. I've seen a couple pushing year 3-4 to be slightly out on the CO/CO2 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combustion ratio? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock