Search the forum,

Discuss Combi with two showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've a customer who's keen on a combi to replace their existing regular boiler and copper cylinder, I've seen that worcester cdi's (and probably others) say suitable for 2 showers but I've still always advised against combi's with multiple showers.
How plausible is it and why wouldn't a similar sized 'si' or even 'I' do the job just as well?
Any experience here would be good.

Just for info, they currently have two remote control pumped showers and will be looking at changing for high pressure equivalents (mira do an appealing double shower unit)

I can restrict flow on showers if needed but I've always persuaded customers to go unvented before.
It just seems to me that worcester are trying too hard to make up differences in their ranges.
Why is a cdi with a very similar flow rate more capable?

Viessmann 222 what’s incoming flow and pressure

42 CDI or any other high output combi could run 2 showers if you have the incoming pressure and flie
If someone opens another tap though you have an issue

Reply to Combi with two showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm considering changing our current Conventional/Regular Gas boiler, to a Combi. The main reason for doing this, is so that I can run a more...
Replies
Views
J
I have an existing shower which I've removed and exposed the two pipes from the wall. If I was taking a guess they're around 2cm ish in diameter...
Replies
Views
JamiePattison
J
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need your advise as I'm really concerned here. I only just had regular boiler replaced with combi (Vaillant ecoFIT Pure 25kw). I had few...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock