Discuss Combi output pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leonardtax

Hello, I have an Ideal Mexico boiler. If I replace this with a new combi boiler will the water pressure feeding the radiators be higher than it is now. I am concerned about the stronger pressure and the older pipework. Thanks

The pressure will be higher, and if the pipework is that bad - then it needs replacing, along with all the rad valves/ TRVs and possibly rads too!!

It will be higher pressue assuming you are on an open vented system at the moment, the Mexico was also able to be used on a pressurised system! The pipework isn't so much of a concern with the higher pressure, its any weak spots in radiators that you should be concerned about.

I've very rarely have any problems with converting systems over. Once, I had a load of leaks under a floor but the issue was the original plumbers hadn't heard of manifolds and pushed 8mm pipe into 22mm crushed it down and soldered up. Had been leaking for years. These instances are rare though and most plumbers will proceed happily with existing pipework but you need to understand you need to accept leaks on existing fittings are down to you. We always fix them but not any resulting damage, which is normally negligible anyway. I would proceed if that's what you want to do, get a good recommendation from someone to get a plumber in that won't con you into work that doesn't need done.

one in 20 jobs will get a leak on old pipework but i always spec for new valves unless they look recent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi output pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock