Discuss Cold Radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicro3

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
This time last year did a job for a friend on conventional pumped heating system. The down stair kitchen rad was a add on to the system on a dropper and she said the rad had never worked since it was put in .
I pulled some water through thinking air lock and its been fine for a year.
Got call last week the same problem, this time did same it worked for a day then didn't
Any thoughts on what the problem could be.

Thanks Simon,do not think it is trv as with head removed still not working and pin free.

Sealed system or F&E - chasing the bubble - night mare - draw water through again then balance system, closing lock shields by half a turn on rads before it on circuit. Good luck

Close all rads except the cold one,fire it up,then draw some water from l/s drain till hot,then gingerly balance the rest.

The thing that is throwing me is worked all last year no probs and it not need rebalancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold Radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock