Search the forum,

Discuss co co2 ratio reads 0.0102. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
IMG_20160206_120914.jpgIMG_20160206_111904.jpgIMG_20160206_111858.jpgIMG_20160206_111821.jpgIMG_20160206_123603.jpgIMG_20160206_123217.jpgIMG_20160206_122538.jpgRight back to the UKPF and the "HEAT LINE S24 " spent 3 hours completely stripped cleaned. Sorted out the water leaking from the primary flow and return pipe to heat exchanger
Went outside popped probe into flu..
M Kane 455 went berserk with "HIGH co2"
Just after stripping and full clean up..
Had to tell the owner to assist a co detector.
Went screwfix and got one for £29.99.
Fitted it but explained the boiler is "AR"
And switched off
Got ticket signed.
Hate days like these :0 (
What I can't understand was why the burner pressure was reading 12.5mbars. And in MI's says 12.7mbars and blew out such high ratio.???

did you givev it 20 minutes to settle down, after all you have disturbed all the muck n **** and the remnants have to clear before you put yr probe in.

Is your machine reading correct? Maybe the high co2 killed the sensor...

Was running for about 10 minutes. There's only 4 rads. Place was warm.
And there is a co detector there now.
Burner pressure later MI'S say 12.7mbars I have 12.5mbars.
Ran hot tap after then. Then went outside. Purged analyser 20.9 co2 normal
Plugged in
The analysis was reading "HIGH co2 " straight away..
So took out my probe. Printed. Signed.
This was the first time since being hung out in 8 years this boilers serviced.
Weren't taking no trim using the new Kane. No way..
And I'm not flogging a boiler replacement Either

Think I'll go round. Run for a good 30 mins. Then check again.
Cheers lads

needed more time if the boiler hadnt been serviced for 8 years. A kane can take lots of punishment believe it or not, need to go back turn on a tap for 15 mins then retest.

Check for any products of combustion in the outer flue to make sure its not vitiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to co co2 ratio reads 0.0102. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi, I am after some advice, I recently fitted a new gas valve to a vaillant ecotec earlier. the boiler was fitted in 2015 and has been serviced since anyway I put my analyser in the combustion side of the flue and the readings were extremely high, something along the lines of CO ppm —OR—...
Replies
Views
CO2 is the most important reading not the ratio? Statement from Valiant literature. If this is correct then why is this not on the landlords safety certificate for example? A landlords certificate requires gas rate and gas ratio co/co2 reading. If these are both correct the boiler is deemed...
Replies
Views
Got called out this morning to a lock out boiler. . Myson Valerie 50/70 At first look it sounded like motor stuck. I checked fan moving freely, pump a little resistance but seemed ok. When fan removed it started slow but ok. my thoughts were capacitor. original one was 3UF. I had an old 3uf and...
Replies
Views
Sooo... Let's say you go do a gas safety and the boiler has the following readings on the analyser: Co: 346 Co2: 10.8 Ratio: 0.0032 Would you A) AR it B) pass it and recommend a service C) pass it with no recommendations D) ID it
Replies
Views
A
Hello guys, My name is Dave, I'm a gas engineer from Exeter, Devon & I've been having some trouble with a Worcester 28i junior combi boiler today. The boiler is 4yrs old & outside the Manufacturers warranty. I'm not very experienced with the newer Worcester boilers. The customer called...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock