Search the forum,

Discuss co/co2 ratio for lfe fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother unless the manufacturers want it done! Spoke to gas safe about this when I came across a boiler with no sample point on the fourth floor, which meant scaffolding to take a reading, they said its only mandatory on any appliance when the manufacturer stipulates. So it should say in the instructions if it doesn't mention it then it's not needed!

Last edited:
I don't bother unless the manufacturers want it done! Spoke to gas safe about this when I came across a boiler with no sample point on the fourth floor, which meant scaffolding to take a reading, they said its only mandatory on any appliance when the manufacturer stipulates. So it should say in the instructions if it doesn't mention it then it's not needed!

So if M.I.s state a reading must be taken, you've got to get a scaffold set up?! That's gonna be an expensive service!!

So if M.I.s state a reading must be taken, you've got to get a scaffold set up?! That's gonna be an expensive service!!

Nope if M.I.s state it must be taken a sample point will be present if it's not someone has probably installed the wrong flue!

With the exception of a fluless fire the FGA stays in the van.
A standard fire is designed to burn bad to give a good visual picture and your FGA readings will always be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to co/co2 ratio for lfe fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to a job tomorrow where the customar says they have a 1 inch square valve head (what i would call a fire hydrant valve, maybe...
Replies
Views
hi, I am after some advice, I recently fitted a new gas valve to a vaillant ecotec earlier. the boiler was fitted in 2015 and has been serviced...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the...
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock