Discuss close coupled wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello Friends

My close coupled wc at home seems to be flowing a little constantly. I've checked the internal overflow but all OK so def not overflowing.

Is it the coupling rubber do you think? I've tightened the wing nuts but still happening.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all

Best wishes.

is it a push-button?If so the black seal at bottom of the syphon ( the one that lift's and closes ) is not sealing the hole properly.

the button is on top. it's an ideal standard, about 5 years old. Just a trickle but every time I spend a penny it costs me money as I'm on a water meter!

Yep that sounds like the one, also make sure that the 2 arms on push button/lid have not falling through a little which could be pushing down on the top of the syphon causing it to run

sounds like it is the seal passing. can you get the flush valve off? most you can get off by 1/4 turn which leaves the bottom part attached. the bottom seal may just need a clean, on some valves you can turn them over so the other side seals.

OK Steve, I'll take the lid off, see if the flush part comes out(?)? then clean, maybe turn rubber over?

Silly question, sorry, isolate water first?

I'll report back.

That rubber seals look very sturdy and look as though they could last a lifetime compared to the traditional syphon washers but i have changed many of these as the rubber seal does go for some reason.

so to get it clear, teh rubber washer may be changed by going in the top and not dismembering the unit?

Take off lid, turn off c/w supply to it, take a hold of top of syphon and twist anti clockwise and it should pop-off as it will be a 2-part syphon

yes you can usually get to the rubber washer without taking cistern off

Yep no need for disconnecting cistern from bowl like an older style one!

Why did not anybody invent 2-part syphon's a long time ago as they would make my life a lot easier!

Steve i love it when i go to a job knowing the wc is not flushing properly and the rusted c/c kit is running through your mind when all of a sudden you lift off the lid and BOOM! Its a thomas dudley 2-part or something similar and you feel on top of the world!

Scotty, are you talking plumbing code??? thomas dudley 2?? !! ah i see, something inside a toilet!!!

Scotty, are you talking plumbing code??? thomas dudley 2?? !! ah i see, something inside a toilet!!!
it's a syphon that you can change the diaphragm on without taking the cistern off just do a google search

More help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just went to my mums elderley friend, again no flush, someone purcgased her a flush from screwfix bu7t just had a look the screws/wingnuts are covered in rust, don't want to charge her as she's 82 but want to do the job for her.

Any help? what do you think? what is they break?

It's an Opella duel flush. I take it that I need to dismember the toilet in this?

Please help me ro it'll cost her the price of a plumber and she's not well off to say the least!

Cheers

standard syphon = remove cistern.

if wing nuts rusty you can try hacksaw them off, or use a wallpaper scraper heated red hot with a blowtorch and slide between cistern and pan. this will melt the plastic syphon and allow the ciscern to be lifted off giving better access for cutting off the remaining bolts.

if you try hacksaw its best to use a long blade with tape wrapped round one end as a sort of handle. this will allow more flexibility and also get you into cutting positions not available when blade is in a frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to close coupled wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a few threads with similar issues to mine, but none are exact. My conceala 2 cistern flushes fine, fills up and stops. But then it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock