Search the forum,

Discuss check a trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
well have succumbed have joined check a trade after several of you singing its praises

see what happens in coming months i guess

I do keep thinking about it. But just can't make my mind up about it. Is it still £600?

depends how you pay its about 600 for a one off payment and bit more if you direct debit it.
had a look around my area their are plumbs on it but none near me so fingers crossed

yes am on site at mo , i get phone calls for privates but not enough to warrant leaving site

I hate these sites and what they stand for. I won't join unless the work dries up. I almost feel blackmailed in to joining, which have just brought one out as well.

well have succumbed have joined check a trade after several of you singing its praises

see what happens in coming months i guess

Are there many plumbers in your area on it? I have about 30 within a 3 mile radius from me. So not worth it I don't think

When I looked the nearest plumber to me was 10 miles and I live in a city, might join up when I start on my own

Hope it pays off for you hammers. With little local competition it should be money well spent.

I only had 2 others in a 20 mile radius and one was Stevie from smtplumbing.
Got 65 + so far, hoping to get that up to 100 by the middle of the year :D

takes a while to build up, all my checkatrade calls are from people moving into the area, most down fm London, so means you get the ones with some money :)

Ha ha chaps I have mega contract work so personal is quite many u get from checkatrade

takes a while to build up, all my checkatrade calls are from people moving into the area, most down fm London, so means you get the ones with some money :)

I find this as well. Some local calls but mostly people new to the area.

ian i text you a few times about looking for work that much lol

Flaming annoyed with this mob !!!

Handed over £650 cash couple weeks ago to get started with this and still await to go live on their site . Decided to make a call today to see whats happening with my membership and get told am still being vetted.

Ask whats the hold up and they say i have not provided a utility bill with my name and address, i told them two weeks ago i don't have any utility bills as her indoors has her name on all that only have basics like cred cards which shows all this . The salesman at the time said that will do so stump up the money .

Two weeks later after hearing nothing from them get told without a utility bill its a no go yet they still take my money and they wait for me to contact them !!!!!!

On top of this call today i get told they will put membership on hold which i loose out on my twelve months now , not once did they offer a refund lol.

Now i am wondering who checks check a trade because thus far they have taken the money and run and are not overly helpful or overly willing to offer a refund .

Rogue traders slowly springs to mind

Flaming annoyed with this mob !!!

Handed over £650 cash couple weeks ago to get started with this and still await to go live on their site . Decided to make a call today to see whats happening with my membership and get told am still being vetted.

Ask whats the hold up and they say i have not provided a utility bill with my name and address, i told them two weeks ago i don't have any utility bills as her indoors has her name on all that only have basics like cred cards which shows all this . The salesman at the time said that will do so stump up the money .

Two weeks later after hearing nothing from them get told without a utility bill its a no go yet they still take my money and they wait for me to contact them !!!!!!

On top of this call today i get told they will put membership on hold which i loose out on my twelve months now , not once did they offer a refund lol.

Now i am wondering who checks check a trade because thus far they have taken the money and run and are not overly helpful or overly willing to offer a refund .

Rogue traders slowly springs to mind

I had similar experience, so I emailed Mr Byrne and got a response. I only handed over 170 and then refused until things were sorted, eventually I got 5 months free and am currently paying monthly for 12 months until next dec. If you kick off enough, politely, you can get a response and end up being happy. It took me a while to sort things, give them their due, they had to bin the lowly lass and sort me out with their senior manager Julie, and even then accounts cocked up. just keep threatening to leave and ask for a refund and you may well get a result. It did help i didnt pay upfront :)

I've never had a problem, guy came from Sunderland to give me a seeing to :eek:

How long is a piece of string? Could be a couple of boiler changes? 5 power flushes?
I've got back my £650 already :)

Checkatrade definitely works guys, as long as there aren't too many competitors in your area. If you have the most reviews in your area you are laughing in my experience. I've been with them for over 3 years now. Being a Scot, I certainly wouldn't still shell out £650 a year if it didn't generate me an awful lot more income.

It was a utility bill issue

when you join chappie?

9 months ago, pushed the feedback at every opportunity with every job i done, now have 55 more feedback than everyone in a 20 mile radius dude :).
Hope to get to 100 in my first year.

Ian I pushed checkatrade at the start but contracts picked up.tbh it works allday long even had a customer from Edinburgh call me asking for a breakdown I said I will not be able to attend today but gave ian number he had tried to call you Again check a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to check a trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m having a gas cooker pipe capped off. The GS registered plumber/ fitter, has told me that to do this, he’ll also have to service the combi...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, Just a quick one, ive recently been asked to fit a new fire in a property, there was one in previously but was removed simply...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock