Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Changing fan on ideal independent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If changing a fan on this type of boiler. Is there anyway to test the seal between the fan and the heat exchanger. There shouldnt be a problem as the seal sticks on then you just tighten the fan up to the heat exchanger via a bolt. I thought an analyser around the seal while the boilers running. But not sure as the boiler is still kind of opened up.

Just thinking could you ran a match near it,
Show you if theres positive or negative flow or indeed nothing.

Know its not required just one of those little things that might work.

Wouldn't hurt to use the probe on the seal as well, just go along it slowly. But when the case is on, the O2% should be 20.6% or higher because it draws in air from outside only which is 20.9%. MI's will tell you what it should be, if its lower than required then that oxygen is being replaced/ blockaged in flue or at terminal.

Wouldn't hurt to use the probe on the seal as well, just go along it slowly. But when the case is on, the O2% should be 20.6% or higher because it draws in air from outside only which is 20.9%. MI's will tell you what it should be, if its lower than required then that oxygen is being replaced/ blockaged in flue or at terminal.
I went around the seal with the analyser and got 20.9% oxygen. Though showed about 10 C0ppm

Health and safety gas dude that was watching me service a Worcester greenstar said that anything below 30 Co ppm coming out of the air mixer to burner red seal is fine. Comes down to if you can sleep leaving it. It's the "what if it starts to leak more and then case seal goes".

Reply to Changing fan on ideal independent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock