Discuss CH vibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrissyWissy

Hi all
am currently hearing a loudish vibration sound (rather than rattling) in the CH system, particularly upstairs. Its deffo not the pump, and the rads are fully bled. Prob an obvious one for you guys but not for me!

thanks

Are you sure it is from the heating, as a ballvalve in a cistern can make a vibration which can be heard in systems sometimes?
Is the heating system an open vented type ( with a small heating expansion tank ) , or is it a sealed type? Some boilers have a gauge for water pressure & require it topped up.

Should add, - have you any motorised valves in system? as they can make a vibration when faulty. Loads possibilities!

Last edited:
Try turning a mains tap on, when noise is happening, to see if it stops. Or turn mains stopcock off.
If this works, it's probably a ballvalve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH vibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, I have a new unvented system with a horizontal 210L Joule hot water cylinder. The cylinder has been vibrating badly which you can hear...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock