Discuss CH Pump Valve - converting to male BSP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really welcome any info as to why what I'm doing could be improved - so it's worth putting the info out to be genially critiqued. My main areas of concern are too many joints with a risk of leaking, the second being I've missed something key, and third not wanting to create something that is difficult for a 3rd party to fix/maintain in the future.

You've knocked together your own underfloor heating manifold, but are struggling with a thread. Says it all really. Like I said to do it properly.

Simon - had a bad day?

Aye a real shocker! Even more so when I read about diy ufh systems :) Just rounds it off for me :)

On a more serious note, it's not where you connected the two port is it, different threads on 2 ports and conventional fittings.

Aye a real shocker! Even more so when I read about diy ufh systems :) Just rounds it off for me :)

On a more serious note, it's not where you connected the two port is it, different threads on 2 ports and conventional fittings.
If you mean the 2 port zone valve no - these are located on the ground floor.

Put the old fitting back on, put a spanner behind the nut and tap it off with a hammer. Crude but effective.

Put the old fitting back on, put a spanner behind the nut and tap it off with a hammer. Crude but effective.
Sorry lost you? The fitting is brand new, not used yet. Nothing is jammed or similar.

Okay - just for info here is the DIY UFH *bodge*; Conventional terrace house with radiators. Put pipes in screed in cold basement, inserted two 2-port zone valves (in ground floor) into flow pipe from boiler to split into a 2 zone system, with two programmable thermostatic controls, one in the basement, one in the hall (like normal) to among other things allow for the different thermal characteristics of UFH vs Rads. The *manifold* serving just 2 small loops (small house - 2 basement rooms knocked into one) has OH pipe stat as well as pump, and blending valve. The pump, and zone valves are likely items to be replaced and are all off the shelf and familiar to all plumbers so nothing too exotic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solder the pipe into the compression end if you want to avoid a compression fitting, then hope the valve works in 5 years time. What about supporting the pump properly?

Are you really tight for space or something?

Okay - just for info here is the DIY UFH *bodge*; Conventional terrace house with radiators. Put pipes in screed in cold basement, inserted two 2-port zone valves (in ground floor) into flow pipe from boiler to split into a 2 zone system, with two programmable thermostatic controls, one in the basement, one in the hall (like normal) to among other things allow for the different thermal characteristics of UFH vs Rads. The *manifold* serving just 2 small loops (small house - 2 basement rooms knocked into one) has OH pipe stat as well as pump, and blending valve. The pump, and zone valves are likely items to be replaced and are all off the shelf and familiar to all plumbers so nothing too exotic.

What blending valve, just out of interest.

Solder the pipe into the compression end if you want to avoid a compression fitting, then hope the valve works in 5 years time. What about supporting the pump properly?

Are you really tight for space or something?
Wow, a genuine reply. Thanks. Yes a little tight for space. I'm aiming for support the entire thing properly, and the question at the start of this was a throwaway just aimed at slightly improving my design. Cheers

ive no problem with someone making up a manifold especially as it sounds like he has incorporated all the necessary parts i agree that manifolds are over priced for what they are especially for small areas
ok he has come across a problem he didnt expecct thats why he has come here
either we make this forum a closed shop or we give advice we cant have it both ways
to the op unfortunately 22mm fittings dont have 3/4 threads on them but you can get pump cons with 3/4 threads try a good merchants

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH Pump Valve - converting to male BSP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back