Search the forum,

Discuss Straight or tapered threads on concealed shower valve in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Victoria Plumbing concealed valve with 3/4" and 1/2" female inlets/outlets. I need to connect male iron 90 degree elbows (with compression fittings to the pipework). Should I use straight or parallel threads into the valve? I am thinking that I can use straight if I use Loctite 55 cord to make the seal? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Always tapered for me just be careful as you can overtighten things

Yes do what you are thinking ✅ .
Although have a serious think about sending it back and buying a decent one before it’s too late.

Always tapered for me just be careful as you can overtighten things
Thanks Shaun, just noticed that in the instructions for the valve it says not to use tapered for some unknown reason. But will Loctite 55 or maybe just PTFE tape be enough I wonder. Perhaps I will make up a few alternatives and pressure test them

Because people over tighten them and there so thin they crack the brass

Reply to Straight or tapered threads on concealed shower valve in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock