Discuss Central Heating Cut Out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt01

Hi all,

For the past few weeks i've been having a reoccuring problem with my central heating system (Valiant combi).
Monday -Thursday everything is working fine, Friday the heating stops (I still have hot water) until Sunday when it starts up again all by itself and is fine until Friday comes round again.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks
Matt

Hi
Check the settings on the central heating/programmer. If all is working fine Mon-Thurs then it sounds as if the timer is switching the heating off between Fri and Sun. Try this and get back to me.
Steve

It almost certainly is the Progrrammer set up in a 5 day/2 day mode.

How can I tell if the timer is set up to this pattern? I've had a look but cannot find anything obvious.

My camera is currently broken so I cant take any photos, but i've managed to find some links:

[DLMURL]http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/images/e4/2b/00/ecotecpro230x73.jpg[/DLMURL]

And a close up of the timer:
[DLMURL]http://www.boilers2go.co.uk/webshop/products/thumb_127893.jpg[/DLMURL].
It's numbered with a 24hr clock around the hands and around this are black switches which can be moved to the inside or outside.

Thanks
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me the model and model number of the boiler and also is the timer built into the boiler or external and I will tell you how to set it up.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Cut Out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock