Search the forum,

Discuss Ceiling paint recommendation - black mould on wet room ceiling in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello there all,
I care for my disabled mum and her wet room ceiling has developed small speckles of black mould.
I plan to remove the black mould and then paint the ceiling voer with a decent anti-mould ceiling paint.
Can anyone recommend a decent paint brand? I know of Ronseal and Zinsser but wondered if there were any others?
Mum also has asthma so I wonder is there a low odur paint?

Many thanks,

Rik

I like Dulux products. Their blog has some notes on dealing with mould:

If possible, improve the ventilation of the wet-room. It's the only way to prevent re-growth.

Adequate ventilation is the repair.
If possible, get a fan that operates for - say 5 minutes - after it has been switched off.
Black mold is dangerous but so easily preventable.

Thank you so much for your replies and advice, will try Zinsser!
Yes, we had an extractor fan but it went bust and then the black mould started up. Luckily the council came and replaced it for a new for mum.
Thank you again all!

Reply to Ceiling paint recommendation - black mould on wet room ceiling in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock