Search the forum,

Discuss Ceiling paint recommendation - black mould on wet room ceiling in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello there all,
I care for my disabled mum and her wet room ceiling has developed small speckles of black mould.
I plan to remove the black mould and then paint the ceiling voer with a decent anti-mould ceiling paint.
Can anyone recommend a decent paint brand? I know of Ronseal and Zinsser but wondered if there were any others?
Mum also has asthma so I wonder is there a low odur paint?

Many thanks,

Rik

I like Dulux products. Their blog has some notes on dealing with mould:

If possible, improve the ventilation of the wet-room. It's the only way to prevent re-growth.

Adequate ventilation is the repair.
If possible, get a fan that operates for - say 5 minutes - after it has been switched off.
Black mold is dangerous but so easily preventable.

Thank you so much for your replies and advice, will try Zinsser!
Yes, we had an extractor fan but it went bust and then the black mould started up. Luckily the council came and replaced it for a new for mum.
Thank you again all!

Reply to Ceiling paint recommendation - black mould on wet room ceiling in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock