Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can't Take Diverter Apart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewToAllThis

I have a bath with a diverter up to the shower but the water's not running right up (it keeps coming out on the main bath tap and the temperature is different on both - hot water coming out of bath tap and cold out of shower head).

I figure it's a washer on the diverter but I don't know how to take the diverter part apart - it's one that you push down once the water is running and the water comes out of hte shower head.
There are 2 small holes on the side of it and I don't know if it's stuck or what but I can't get it taken apart - can someone tell me how I take it apart (or if it's a bigger job and I'd be better off replacing the whole tap).

Thanks

20160713_144659.jpg

You may find that it is factory pressed in and will not come out of tap body, How old is unit ?

Thanks for coming back.
I'd say it's 15 years or so (it was on the bath when we moved in 3 years ago but I'd say it had been there a while before that)....

In My in-laws have a similar style the two holes on theirs has a rolled pin inside and I tapped it through with a small parallel pin punch the cap lifts off to expose the diverter head ....make sure the water is off before you start......regards Turnpin:yes:

For the time your going to waste trying to fix it , it will be quicker to replace it, not an expensive item , but depends on what you want to spend, start around £60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't Take Diverter Apart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early...
Replies
Views
Mira shower head. Does anyone know anything about this shower head (I will post pics) Its gotten a bit dishevelled, does it come apart easily &...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
K
I have a free standing bath, the taps have a shower head attached with a handle you move side to side to divert the water. One day this handle...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock