Search the forum,

Discuss Can this leak have sealed itself and should I leave it alone? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
When my boiler was serviced this year the plumber found the leak as shown in the photo. I was told that the problem may have resolved itself but if not I may need a new boiler. I have three questions please:
1) What has caused this problem?
2) Now I know the problem is there (it's normally boxed in) I will keep an eye on it, if it isn't currently leaking should I just leave it alone and monitor or do something and if so what?
3) If it is still leaking why would I need a new boiler and not just replacment pipe/joints?
Many thanks
Rickey

Attachments

• Boiler pipe leak.jpg
    Boiler pipe leak.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 18
I would get the joint replaced it could require a new boiler if the leak rusts a hole through the boiler casing / flue replaced

Reply to Can this leak have sealed itself and should I leave it alone? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air Vent is now leaking. A little background on the boiler – installed a year ago in Feb, Valiant Heat only boiler Eco Tec plus 424, plus new pump. The leak...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
I am trying to create a water tight seal on this joint (in the attached photo) on the side entry fill valve. The copper pipe seems to have a flange and a copper coloured seal of some kind. I thought the "copper coloured seal" was a compressed olive but now I think it may be some kind of washer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock