Discuss Can I add underfloor zone before the pump on a S plan system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markwilt

Hi

I am going to change from a Y plan to a S plan to add underfloor heating to a conservatory.
I plan to change the mid position valve to 2 single zone valves in the airing cupboard then add a third zone valve control the underfloor heating.
All plans I have seen say you must put the underfloor zone valve after the pump but as the underfloor heating has its own pump I do not understand why I cannot T off before the pump as the boiler it in the kitchen is next to where I the underfloor heating pump is going to be.

I have got a horstmann h37xl 3 channel programmer & 3 zone valves so ready to go but would like to save myself some work if possible.

Can somebody please explain which way I have to complete it.

Thanks

Mark

i cant see why not as you say it has its own pump only concern would be the ufh pump robbing the flow to the main pump but balancing could rule that out i assume this is the easrier option so why not try it worst way you have to put it back the other way only other problem could be wiring if you want to run ufh without main pump comming on possibly you might need extra relays

it wont work, the pump on ufh systems is in a closed loop some of the time but you will be sending a run signal to the boiler meaning that the boiler will fire with no circulation in the primary circuit, install it as its meant to be installed , save your self a lot of grief.

http://heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/VVUDA202.swf

Last edited:
As above .... ufh pump circulates the ufh circuit only and relys on a supply of heat from the heating circuit!

Do whatever you think best. It will still work.............a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I add underfloor zone before the pump on a S plan system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock