Discuss Can anyone recommend a good make for an unvented indirect cylinder 200 litres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,
My old chaffoteaux unvented indirect 200L is on its way out. I have had a few quotes and after some impartial advice. The price of the job is not important just that the cylinder is of a good quality.

I have been quoted:
Kingspan Albion
Gledhill stainless lite
Plumb Centrestore

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

There all quite good makes, the plumb Center store I was told is made my mega flo too but not sure if that's true!

I normally fit Gledhill & no problems yet :)

Megaflo, Center store and santon, all made in the same factory. Go for the cheapest of the last 2. Megaflo are a pain in the backside!

Adding to this topic instead of creating a new one: I ran into Dimplex, are they any good? What I like about them is they seem to have a display indicating the current water temperature and how much water is currently available.

In my current home I have an old Gledhill Pulsacoil 2000. It's working for now, but these units are dying throughout this building and I want to get rid of it before it dies for real to avoid spending a week without warm water. From what I understand thermal stores were an interesting and promising idea 10y or so ago when this block was built, but turned out to be less impressive. I also hate the unit because it's a metal box with two fault lights that won't tell me whether it can still delivery enough hot water for a long-ish shower in the afternoon (usually, it cannot).

So I'm looking at either Gledhill, Megaflo, or Dimplex. As said, the latter sounds initeresting because of the indicator, but I have the impression that most plumbers rather see as little electronics on a boiler as possible. Are they really much more fragile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a good make for an unvented indirect cylinder 200 litres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a new Vaillant boiler being installed and will install a new cylinder at the same time. Our installer is recommending a UK Cylinders...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant...
Replies
Views
Hi All, looking for some advice. I have ARISTON CLASSICO UNVENTED INDIRECT CYLINDER ST1 210 which has corroded at one of the main inlets and is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock