Discuss can a gas safe engineer move a gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can a gas safe plumber move a gas meter or does it have to b transco moving from inside of house to outside

when i lived back in esex we hade a gas meter out side and it kept getting smashed up when the guy came out too fit a new one
I asked him if he can fit it in side no as i dont carry a drill too put the pipe work throw the wall (1sec m8)
and aut came the HILTI and small core set were you want the hole m8 sorted he had the hump but u got my meter in side

the gas supplier would need to do this as it will require the ecv and supply to be altered

simple answer no, trasco or sub contracter to them and you have to book it . sorry!

a bit like asking if a photographer can empty a speed camera really!!.

a bit like asking if a photographer can empty a speed camera really!!.

Like this association.

You could un-officialy move the meter but no longer than the flexi the Gas Transporter has provided. So a relocation is going to cost yer a small fortune, going by the rates the supplier charges.

why do you wont to move it.
also if you can prove the main gas feed is to small ie not giving the right gas pressuse to the meter and the appliances there have to do the work for free and 9 X out of 10 there will put it out side anyway

it was in a cuboard set into a brick surround which ran the full length ov the room very 1970 shes ripped the brick out the meters sat in the corner she s just been told its gona cost around ÂŁ250 and theres a 7 week waiting list so thats put an end to that cheers for all the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can a gas safe engineer move a gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock