Discuss Camray Quartet 40/60 problem. Help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi folks, called out to the above boiler (balanced flue), going to lockout. Everything very sooted up. Nothing has been done to it for about 10 years.

Motor was screeching so changed bearings, set pump pressure to 100psi as per tag on burner, cleaned out baffles, combustion chamber etc and fired up.

Nozzle 0.50 80 W, Smoke level 0-1, put Combusion Analyser probe in and gave me a reading of 8% CO2 and 1,400ppm CO. Some fumes in boiler area. Shut off and isolated (getting dark and running out of time). Noticed that the outlet part of the balanced flue seems to have a seam in it which has come open so I guess tha fumes are getting drawn back into the fan and that must be the problem. Will go back tomorrow to investigate further.

Anyone any experience of this particular boiler? Is the flue a common problem? Do you think it's the flue which is causing the problem?

Took the flue apart today. Main pipe was in pieces and outer section had more holes than a swiss cheese. Sealed it up with hi temp silicone to get the customer going. My guess is spares not available anymoer so will ask the local stainless fabricator to make a replacement in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Camray Quartet 40/60 problem. Help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock