Discuss Burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

I was wondering what sort of burners are you using in UK mostly

- yellow burner
or
- blue flame burner with re circulation to achieve better results of burning fuel.

recirculation of combustion gases are nothing else than using the mix with preheated incoming combustion air to burn more efficient .

As ive only seen and worked once on a oil fuel burner in UK I was curious what sort of burner you use on country sides ?

In my opinion, blue flame burner is better than yellow flame burner.

2018 (IIRC) is the change over to blue flame on new boilers

edit to add - [DLMURL="http://fueloilnews.co.uk/2013/10/oftec-fights-for-realistic-nox-levels/"]OFTEC fights for realistic NOx levels | Fuel Oil News[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not familiar with blue flame burners. Are they the ones on the Viessmans?

Must be a lot more expensive?

Not come across a viesmann oil boiler.

I think the bigest issue with the blue flame burners is the length of the blast tube needed, and the lack of space in the combustion chambers of our current boilers.

RZ2_RZ3_Fond_kl_03.jpg

I think the bigest issue with the blue flame burners is the length of the blast tube needed, and the lack of space in the combustion chambers of our current boilers.

RZ2_RZ3_Fond_kl_03.jpg

Therefore you get those better boilers like viessmann, buderus, weisshaupt, Junkers ...

They will no doubt redesign when required, the problem in the UK is that we don't have dedicated plant rooms (except in a small minority of cases) and most boilers are under kitchen worktops so the footprint is limited by this.

not sure, but I think firebird are introducing a blue flame series shortly

RZ2_RZ3_Fond_kl_03.jpg

You are quite right I recon, as we have most of the time our boiler loctaed in the basements unless you got feed by the county like industrial.

The boiler are slightly bigger coz of their blast tube but not massively.
Sometimes we needed to carry the boiler in parts down into the basements as it was just to heavy to carry them down into the basement / or it was just to tight. I remember sometimes we had to carry a boiler with 4 ppl so heavy they were.

But we have got also a special trolley to connect the boiler onto it and pushing it down into the basement.

Have you got also steam boilers which are huge as hell ? 1500kw and more ?

The service takes a lot of time as you can literally stay inside the boiler. Noszzels big like 4.5 if not bigger.

We still have boilers they are from mid 80s but working still fine.
Also too the fuel tank are located either in basement or outside next to the building.

For me it was a pleasure to work on boilers it's a little stinky but still made fun to work on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
your correct lp they have it ready for launch not sure but have been told price is double the enviromax

I'd heard £1800ish, a mate went on the course, from what he described it sounded like a nuway burner though that is pure hear say

I'd heard £1800ish, a mate went on the course, from what he described it sounded like a nuway burner though that is pure hear say

It's just a copy of riello burner of Germany !!! Nothing new at all old as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Danesmoor 20/25, about 18 years old. B11 burner. We came home a few days ago to find our boiler in lockout, and not wanting to restart...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a combi boiler that fails to fire up and sustain the burn. I read a similar post on this site but it doesn't precisely match my needs...
Replies
Views
L Adams
L
Hello! I'm Canadian so you may wonder what I'm doing on a UK plumbing forum. I'm basically just here to learn the British term for a tool that...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock