Discuss break tank booster set/accumulator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
had a few job lately were it needed a bit more oomph has anyone fitted booster sets domestically and do they do the job or are they more trouble than there worth and what are the better ones and their cost

I have always fitted accumulators, which have always worked well for me. I have recently had to repair a booster bump from a breaker tank in a house. It was a Grundfos JP5 with PM1-22 controller. When working it seemed to do the job ok, supplying an unvented cylinder in a 2 bathroom house.

Accumulators are good if the incoming pressure is good and you just want to boost the flow for a short while

Break tanks and pump are great where you have rubbish incoming pressure and flow

What's the job ?

I have got 3 jobs one def needs a brake tank the incoming is 14l/min and they want a main bath and 2 en-suiteand they want it mains pressure the other two ive got a bit more time to look at .the thing is because im not really up on this stuff I let it drift and drift and in the end I just don't price for it

For domestic work, have a look at the Stuart Turner flomate range.

The Flomate iBoost is a break tank and pump aimed specifically at the type of job you are describing. They are about a grand + VAT

I have got 3 jobs one def needs a brake tank the incoming is 14l/min and they want a main bath and 2 en-suiteand they want it mains pressure the other two ive got a bit more time to look at .the thing is because im not really up on this stuff I let it drift and drift and in the end I just don't price for it

What's the incoming pressure on the first one ?

the pressure isn't great its less than 2 bar on the water softener which is the first fitting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to break tank booster set/accumulator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock