Discuss BoilerMate 2 blocked cold feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dev1872

Gas Engineer
Was at a job today, BoilerMate 2, the cylindrical one with f/e on top, cold feed seems to be blocked, going back tomorrow to back fill it but doesn't really solve the problem, what's the best was to clear blockage on these? Cheers!

I had one last year we managed to get a 10 mm drain cleaning spring down the cold feed they normally block at the bottom of the cylinder.The cold feed I think hooks up at the bottom of the pipe within the cylinder.

Was looking at a similar thing from screwfix and was going to try that, I remember my old journeyman cleared a blockage with a regin vessel pump, but can't remember how he managed to get it on to the pipe haha, will give the spring a go anyway, cheers mate.

I'm about to be shot down for this...

years back there was a co2 cartridge system that was for unblocking condense pipes I used to use one of them worked a treat!

But it I was younger dumber and braver back then and never really thought about what would happen should the pipe rupture

If you can't clear the blockage you can put an external cold feed in, fit a tank connector in the f&e and
run an external pipe between there and the 1/2" doc tapping at the bottom of the boilermate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BoilerMate 2 blocked cold feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock