Discuss Boiler replacement process in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
we completed an open vented system to combi changeover today plus new valves, took us around 9 hours but we were held up by contract managers consultants etc as it was the first job, they can be done in a day but your forgetting the price of the pipe, fittings, labour and the cost of running a business

I find it hard to belive that someone would charge just over a grand for a boiler swap including the boiler and all fittings?? Short cuts somewhere??

we completed an open vented system to combi changeover today plus new valves, took us around 9 hours but we were held up by contract managers consultants etc as it was the first job, they can be done in a day but your forgetting the price of the pipe, fittings, labour and the cost of running a business

How many guys did you have ?....you plus 1 ? if so thats 2 days labour which is what i normally allow

Not sure about shortcuts but he's given a complete breakdown of the parts to be used and method he would be using?

So a Baxi Heatmax HE 28 (pack) looks to be around £700
He's got to get the flush and the inhibitor and some other sundries. I'd still say £200 odd for a days labour is pretty good?

Anyway getting back to business, to the plumbers out there what sounds better:

Baxi Heatmax HE 28 with a 2 year warranty then say 3 years of BG (homecare) which racks up at about £2000
or
Worcester CDI 30 with a 5 year warranty (plumb nation doing it for about £1200) and then fitment on top, should still come in at less than 2k.

The only difference being with the latter we'd have to fork out each year for a service from a recognised engineer to keep the warranty..

Personally i'd stick to the Viessmann... does the price of the Worcester include the flue ?

Not sure about shortcuts but he's given a complete breakdown of the parts to be used and method he would be using?

He's got to get the flush and the inhibitor and some other sundries. I'd still say £200 odd for a days labour is pretty good?

Baxi Heatmax HE 28 with a 2 year warranty then say 3 years of BG (homecare) which racks up at about £2000
or
Worcester CDI 30 with a 5 year warranty (plumb nation doing it for about £1200) and then fitment on top, should still come in at less than 2k.

The only difference being with the latter we'd have to fork out each year for a service from a recognised engineer to keep the warranty..
a days labour by a qualified individual,whom you need to get what you want legally,£200 is nothing,this mans earning priceless

Last edited:

or

why ? for a qualified person ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler replacement process in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock