Discuss boiler Pilot light keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the fact that it might not need one! Not sure of the boiler specifics, but it sounds like the boilers cutting out on over heat caused by poor circulation. Air in other words.

Hi oldieone - as you will read below a considerable number of us have commented on you post
one of the best ways to help us in the future is to feed back - did you get a solution with our help ?
or what have you done since ? centralheatkingQUOTE=oldieone;524153]I've just had my hot water tank which is driven by an old Ideal RE80N boiler in a Y system replaced by a plumber. I now have a problem that when I run the boiler after about 3 mins running with the rads getting hot the boiler closes down and even the pilot light goes out because the button you hold down to start it clicks up.

Any ideas?

Oldieone[/QUOTE]

Thank you everyone you are all very kind giving your time to advise.
This all started because the system upstairs had a leak and I had to get someone in to fix it. He changed the hot water tank as it had a leak in the inner coil. I didn't run it then but he said that it looked like I needed a 3 port valve therefore another quote. I couldn't proceed because the damage caused by the leak to the ceilings had to be repaired and because the ceilings were 1980 they had asbestos so had to be ripped out. They are back today for 2 days to finish the ceilings ans wallpaper (they are really nice people) and then I should be able to address the central heating.

However I did try to see what happened when I put the central heating on for a test and the F&E tank (I hope that's right) filled up with black water which went out of the overflow. The Boiler an Ideal RE80 (very old like me) ran for about 3 mins then tripped out (the grey button popped up) and the pilot light went out. I tried bleeding all the radiators but they seem ok as water comes out.

Where the man changed the tank it looks a nice job so I can't blame him. I expect at 73 there's no fool like an old fool. Maybe I should drain and refill the system then if that doesn't work find a plumber on here it's just I worry on the cost as the insurance had a £700 excess and the tank £750 and that would be £450 for the 3 port valve and I hear now I might need a new boiler at £3500 and on a pension I will soon run out. Sorry.

You are getting some good quotes ! £450. for a 3 port valve, £3500 for a boiler change, and you have just replaced the cylinder, what people are you dealing with ?? What area are you in I'm sure that one of the engineers on here would only be to happy to have a chat with you & point out your best options.

You are getting some good quotes ! £450. for a 3 port valve, £3500 for a boiler change, and you have just replaced the cylinder, what people are you dealing with ?? What area are you in I'm sure that one of the engineers on here would only be to happy to have a chat with you & point out your best options.

Swindon

Their are schemes in place to help people over a certain age with new boilers, get in touch with your local council or Age Concern I'm sure they will be able to advise you of your entitlements .

Their are schemes in place to help people over a certain age with new boilers, get in touch with your local council or Age Concern I'm sure they will be able to advise you of your entitlements .

I believe that the customer has to be on pension credit or receiving benefits to qualify.
As you suggest, Age Concern should know.

Just to let you all know got a plumbrt in 3 port switch fitted wrong way round. He corrected it all now ok (I hope). Thank you all for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler Pilot light keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock