Discuss boiler not locking out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dboi78

was checking a gas valve for safety today i was wondering if this boiler didnt lockout and just kept sparking continiously how would i classify it ?? looked in my unsafe book and found "gas controls and safety devices that affect the safe operation of a gas aplliance" = id

anyone id a boiler for not locking out when gas cut off ??

asked a engineer i know he said ar all day long !!

if its keeps sparking and trying to relight it knows theres no gas, i'm guessing its got flame rectification
I might have completely missunderstood your question but sounds like its okay

Last edited:
not all boilers lock out, as long as it continually sparks and re-lights within 1 second of the gas being re-established then its ok

Last edited:
check what will happen when you cut power of to the boiler and put the gas back on.

If it's sparking continually when the burner is lit, there's an issue with the rectification.
Could be the burner,sensing probe & lead [if one fitted],earthing connections or the unit.

Profile? It will spark all day with the gas off. Just the way it works.

Depends on the boiler, as has been said. What boiler was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler not locking out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have Worcester Bosch heatslave external oil boiler 18/25 Boiler locked out. Pressure was below 0.5 so brought pressure back up. When lock...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
problem with my oil boiler everything has been change all cleaned out set up but still locks out , if I remove photcell and shine a light on it it...
Replies
Views
Back