Discuss Boiler Input-Output Efficiency Calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damon Apple

Hi guys,

I am choosing to install in my project homework a worcestor-bosch 15i System boiler and i need to work out the
Input, Output and efficiency workings out on all settings.

I am totally stuck even after worcestor technical team sent me the installation data brochure but i just cant work it out.

This is what I am doing Max Rated Output=15kw
Max Rated Input=15.4kw

So i assumed output divided by input x 100 = 97.4% Gross efficiency and if i divide this by 1.11 i get the Net efficiency of 87.75%.

Now heres the problem worcestor bosch claim this has an efficiency of 90.1%

What am i doing wrong?

Link attached for the installation brochure instructions table etc...

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/ca...r-i-system--manufactured--aug-09---jan-11.pdf

Any help very much appreciated :mad2:

This is what I am doing Max Rated Output=15kw
Max Rated Input=15.4kw

So i assumed output divided by input x 100 = 97.4% Gross efficiency and if i divide this by 1.11 i get the Net efficiency of 87.75%.

Now heres the problem worcestor bosch claim this has an efficiency of 90.1%

What am i doing wrong?
Nothing!

The efficiency figure in the manual is the "SAP2005 Seasonal Efficiency", which is calculated by a fairly complicated formula designed to simulate the usage of the boiler over a year. This has now been replaced by the "SAP2009 Annual Efficiency" which, for the 15i is 88.8%. You can read about this at http://www.sedbuk.com

Last edited:
<br>
This is what I am doing Max Rated Output=15kw<br>
Max Rated Input=15.4kw<br>
<br>
So i assumed output divided by input x 100 = 97.4% Gross efficiency and if i divide this by 1.11 i get the Net efficiency of 87.75%.<br>
<br>
Now heres the problem worcestor bosch claim this has an efficiency of 90.1%<br>
<br>
What am i doing wrong?

Nothing!

The efficiency figure in the manual is the "SAP2005 Seasonal Efficiency", which is calculated by a fairly complicated formula designed to simulate the usage of the boiler over a year. This has now been replaced by the "SAP2009 Annual Efficiency" which, for the 15i is 88.8%. You can read about this at Sedbuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Input-Output Efficiency Calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock