Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler feed pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blods

This is a question of which pipes are which really with regards to the infeed and outfeed pipes to boilers in general but more specifically the gas feed pipe. Is this usually noted by a yellow thumb turn switch?
No work to be carried out here of course just to make that clear :))

You need to look at the manufacturers instructions for guidance but unless you know what you are doing I would not touch any of the valves under there you will be asking for trouble.

If you need to turn the gas supply off, there is only one valve you should ever use & that is the (ECV) Emergency Control Valve at the gas meter.

Last edited:
Hi, Blods and welcome to forum.
Identification of pipework, not only at boiler, but within building, no bad thing. Nail through water pipe immediately apparent,gas pipe less so. The following should be used in conjunction with Chris's information, and relates to small domestic boiler only.
Flow and return heating pipes will be paired in size, 22mm or larger,and with heat on have temperature approx that of radiators. On combi, expect hot water pipe to taps to be 15mm and become hotter when hot tap is running. Simultaneously, cold water feed, becomes colder with hot tap running. Gas will be in a pipe not identified.

Thanks joni os.....was just trying to identify gas feed pipe to enable access for gas safe guys. Cheers !

i'm sure the gas safe guys will be able to sort out which pipe is the gas

As above lol.
You need an engineer - stop trying to be overhelpful to those poor gas safe guys...

If they don't know which pipe carries the gas then you seriously need to sack them and get in a gsr who does.

And if you're working on this yourself then you're a bloody idiot and we'll probably read in the news that you have managed to blow yourself up.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler feed pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock