Discuss Boiler Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Kiddick

Hi everyone,

I got called to a job the other day, a Vokera Pro Combi 85 HE which had no heating or hot water, pump was running but fan wasn't.

I got my multimeter out and prodded about and found out there wasn't any voltage at the fan and the pump was running, board I thought, ordered the board and it came, fitted it and then the fan was running but wasn't sparking/igniting and kept going to lock out, after resetting it at the fuse spare same thing happens again and again.

I contacted Vokera Technical Helpline to go through it with them and they said I need an 'Ignition Board' which comes in at an extra £100 and that's why it isn't sparking, customer not happy at all threatening legal action and so on.

Has anyone any experience on these type of boilers and changing the board etc?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Yours,
One worried gas engineer.

Only one board on the boiler to begin with, that's why I was suprised to find it comes with an ignition board now, I will order an ignition board in the morning and hopefully should work. Has anyone experienced anything along these lines?

Seems a bit off that you can purchase a new board that needs another board for the boiler to work when the original didn't. Did you quote the GC No. when you ordered the original board?

Yeah, quoted the GC no and Plumbase ordered me the board, after speaking to Vokera they told me there is an ignition board that goes with the new PCB.

The old PCB has been replaced by this new one with the ignition board to go with it also, plumbase didn't tell me this and made me look a right melon.

Same here, he had it fitted by some rough harris and never registered it therefore didn't get a warranty. He says it's only 18 months old so should still be under warranty, also there's an old gas valve at the side of the boiler prob from that being swapped, I hate rubbish boilers.

With the boiler being 18 months old as he says does anyone know when they updated the PCBs? Just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock