Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler experts, advice need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all first post, I am a plasterer by trade so have limited knowledge about boilers.

i am getting the keys to my new house end of the month.
It is going to be fully plastered out and new electrics.

The boiler is approx 14 years old according to the owner. It is a British Gas combi and still working.

its a three bed semi total 10 rads and 1 bathroom with shower running off of the combi

i am going to replace it with a new one to give me some peace of mind that it is more efficient and guaranteed for a decent period.

i am looking for a few recommendations of replacements .

i have looked at the ideal vogue 32 kW because of the ten year warranty but can anyone suggest any other similar priced options?

many thanks in advance

chris

i have looked at the ideal vogue 32 kW because of the ten year warranty but can anyone suggest any other similar priced options?

Look no further. You have found a premium boiler at a very reasonable price. If you're a bit more open-minded you could go for an Intergas Eco RF 30 with weather compensation. Same 10-year warranty and to my mind the better boiler if you can get over the fact that it doesn't look the same as your old one/your mate's one...

Either the vogue or Baxi platinum,my personal choice would be the baxi,its been around for a while and well proven

Thanks for the input. My next question is best place to buy one.

I have looked on mr central heating and they seem the cheapest but I read a post on another thread saying be careful as some of the boilers they sell are non condensing.?

Is this the case with the vogue ?

Thanks

Chris

Ah okay the guy I am using to fit it works for the same company as me. He installs for them so I know he is up to date .

I have looked on mr central heating and they seem the cheapest but I read a post on another thread saying be careful as some of the boilers they sell are non condensing.?

Is this the case with the vogue ?

Thanks

Chris

All Vogues are condensing, so you wont have a problem in that respect.

Mr Central Heating is a respectable supplier, and I would not expect you to have any more problems with them than any other.

You might like to crack on though, because Ideal have a price increase on Feb 1st.

All warranties are subject to a yearly service so ensure you factor that cost in. Although I imagine if you work with gas lads youll be ok.

So many i cone across always enquire about a good warranty and their existing one hasnt been looked at in 11 or so years lol. I then explain and they say ' ohh we never needed a service before ' to which i advise a 2 year warranty and save some money

Intergas for me, baxi duotecs are also pretty decent for the money, ideal vogue are also a good boiler although a little on the loud side.

And another one into the mix . Viessmann and at the moment a extra £100 gives you a extra 5 years warrenty on top of the original 5 . No brainer IMO

Plus one on the Viessmann.....ideal logic plus also very good....

Can any of you guys recommend a good quality wireless stat and programmer all in one job?

I keep looking at the nest or hive but not sure it's more of a novelty item that I realistically won't get full use out of.

Depending on what you want to pay look at the honeywell offering or the salus it500rf.

I recently fitted an Ideal Vogue in my own house, weather compensator and ideal wireless stat, both covered under the 10 year warranty with the boiler

The stat is open therm and coupled with the weather compensator makes it a very efficient boiler, very quiet running too

If you use opentherm and the outdoor sensor together does it even use the outdoor sensor as surely indoor reading is better as once upto temp it will choose the flow temp to best get upto the set point?

I spoke to Ideal and they said that the outdoor sensor is ignored if you use opentherm which seems a bit silly as you dont want your rads firing up at 80C in spring time to get the house upto 21C as the residual heat in the rads when it starts to lower the flow temp will prob overshoot the temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler experts, advice need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock