Search the forum,

Discuss Boat anchor wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Left my anchor on the bottom of the Bristol Channel the other week, so looking to replace it
After a 7.5 or 10kg bruce anchor, with or without 6mm calibrated chain and warp
I know its a very long shot but you never know

Ask Lame, he might have a spare in the back of his Rav 4?!!

bit careless of you. we just mark ours and pop back at low water or send down one of our local divers to get them back

Left my anchor on the bottom of the Bristol Channel the other week, so looking to replace it
After a 7.5 or 10kg bruce anchor, with or without 6mm calibrated chain and warp
I know its a very long shot but you never know

Could you explain how you managed to 'just leave the anchor at the bottom of the Channel.

Were you taking water?

Could you explain how you managed to 'just leave the anchor at the bottom of the Channel.

Were you taking water?

The British navy sent 8 fire ships in his direction and much like the Spanish Armada he panicked and cut his anchor to move out of harms way.

Hi there have you tried posting on wsf forum in the south and west wales classified ads probably you get more luck there

I had originally set it to trip, but obviously I'd altered this at some point over the last year or so (probably when I installed the windlass)
Got it stuck in some rough ground and didn't bother bouying off as it would never be exposed at low and don't know any divers
Especially ones who would dive on our side of the channel, you'd have better visibilty in a chicken curry

Hi there have you tried posting on wsf forum in the south and west wales classified ads probably you get more luck there

Yes tried that mate, they're not massively expensive new, just thought I'd try here

cant thee wrap lame up in some cling film as the anchor?
be good practice for them. lol

Got my anchor, now need 10-15m of either 6 or 7mm galv chain

Edit
Longer lengths wouldn't be a problem if anyone has any

Last edited:
633c680af07e7eba3636ae5c0e30888e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boat anchor wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I've been trying to get hold of one of these for the last week or so for a customer. Almost every supplier that sells them don't have any at the moment. So far I've only come across two that did. One refunded after two days without any explanation. The other I placed an order with I've not had...
Replies
Views
Hi we've just had a bathroom fitted with a mixer tap to the sink and mixer tap with a bath handheld shower fitting to the bath and there is almost no pressure at all. Previously we had single taps and the pressure was fine and is good downstairs. It is all gravity fed. We have a shower pump...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have have purchased 3 Mermaid wall panels to replace the tiles in our shower. These panels are 3mm in thickness. After removing the existing wall tiles, I have discovered that there is a gap around the entire shower tray, in some places the gap is greater than 3mm, the thickness of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock