Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark765

I recently fitted a Vado shower valve and the wire mesh filters on the hot side are regularly blocking with a white/opaque sandy textured substance. It is only happening on the hot supply.

Scottish water, so it is soft. I have flushed out the pipes and the hot water is supplied via a non vented cylinder.

Any ideas as to what the substance is blocking the filters.

Thanks

Don't take the strainers out, any debris will screw up the valve for sure. It may be worth trying putting a strainer ( tea strainer even) under the hot tap to see if you get the same debris. At least that could indicate whether the problem is in the shower pipework or the general hot water supply.

Have you asked any neighbours if they have the same problem?

what about fitting an inline filter just after the stopcock like this 85240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi all. My hot supply for my shower is on the left and my cold feed is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also...
Replies
Views
Saneal
S
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock