Discuss Blocked Bath! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Batchy7

Hi, as a sparky myself i have a slight knowledge of plumbing, in saying that, i mean very slight!

My problem is that my bath is blocked and is not draining away. I firstly thought that this was just down to blocked hair so proceeded to take the sm10 to bits to see if there was a blockage there. Unforunetly there wasnt so i now have the problem that there is either a blockage further down the pipe or possibly frozen? There doesnt seem anyway to access the pipe further down the line before it goes outside and was just wonderin the options i now have to fx this. Hopefully i can get a shower before xmas :).

Any help wud be appreciated.

It sounds like it may be frozen, try and pour some hot water on the pipe on the outside or get a hairdryer on it :)

Ive just been out in that freezin weather! haha. Poured the hot water over the pipe outside and am just waiting o see if this helps. So far its still not draining but could take a little time. Are there any other options i have?

does the bath waste go into a soil pipe or into a drain? If a drain, try and pull the last few fittings off and see if it is frozen.

Does you bath go down soil pipe? also is there soil pipe in loft and if so is there a Air admitance valve on top of it ( grey of white fitting) had one this week that was faulty (frozen) and would not allow pressure in stack to escape causing bath and WC to discharge very slowly

Jst tried that aswell, its far too cold to be out there, could not get the pipe off as it seems to be frozen shut. pretty sure this is the problem bt sein as the pipe outside is 1.5m its difficult to exactly find the part frozen. goin to need to keep boiling water on it and hope it thaws. However with it being -6 its not the best!

.......... or you will just have to be smelly over Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked Bath! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock