Discuss black specs from taps in water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have a standard condensing boiler fitted in 2013, BG 330+ I think.

Trouble is dirty water is coming out of taps in bathroom. Small little black flecks.
Also since this boiler was installed I've become disabled and also looking to get it changed to a combi for instant hot water what sort of cost can I expect?. Any ideas as to the black specs in water? it's very bad!

Small little Black flecks could be something as simple as the rubber tap washers or the rubber hose inside a braided flexi breaking up at a guess.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, however I can't see it being the washer as its been going on for a while now and the bits are like really fine and thousands of them each time you run the taps, therefore must be elsewhere, could it be coming from inside the hot water cylinder itself?

Do have any water filtration systems on the pipework? Have seen something like that on caravan parks

Thanks for the reply, however I can't see it being the washer as its been going on for a while now and the bits are like really fine and thousands of them each time you run the taps, therefore must be elsewhere, could it be coming from inside the hot water cylinder itself?
You said bathroom taps at the beginning not all taps!
Hot taps (all or some) and what about the cold taps, same thing there?

Ok, just checked again, the bath is fitted with a mixer/shower unit and it appears that the black stuff is coming out (a lot!) when it is turned to cold. The hand basin doesn't seem to be affected.

Ok, just checked again, the bath is fitted with a mixer/shower unit and it appears that the black stuff is coming out (a lot!) when it is turned to cold. The hand basin doesn't seem to be affected.
Guess that rules out the hot water cylinder as you guessed in post #3
And if it`s not effecting the cold tap on the basin then what is left to consider?

Sounds like it might be coming from your cold water tank if you have a copper cylinder

Yes I do have a hot water tank in a cupboard :( what would this mean? a replacement of the tank? I need to convert the system over to a Combi for my medical needs and wondering if this all can be solved at the same time. Any quotes for this work? I am in East London E17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to black specs from taps in water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that...
Replies
Views
C
Hello there. I wonder whether anyone could suggest what may be the issue with the hot water in my bathroom. I have asked four different plumbers...
Replies
Views
CharlieMcT
C
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock