Discuss Biofilm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipop

Gas Engineer
Hi guys ,I live on a private housing estate where I am frequently asked about the black slimy substance that appears on shower heads and tap nozzles,It appears in my house as well,so I tell them it's biofilm,it's a harmless slime that appears naturally in the water supply,even the water board confirm this,the wife cleans it off regularly but after a couple of weeks it's back,I ve tried for a better explanation on the web and asked various people who work for water company's but get either "I don t know or it's biofilm"can anyone explain it in more depth looking forward to your explanation cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biofilm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Equipment The shower (a cold feed electric unit) and the Kingspan tank are on the top floor of a 3 storey building. The Ideal Boiler Logic Heat 15...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently had a Worchester 15i Regular boiler installed, it comes with honeywell control and thermostat also. Its suddenly developed a...
Replies
Views
We have a Worcester system boiler, an unvented HWC and mains water pressure to the house. I paid £420 to fix issues we have with our heating...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Back