Discuss Big floor standing boiler with built in cylinder - CH fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Got sent out to this boiler yesterday (totally forgotten make/model) I think it was a range (?) 55x (?). Big floor standing boiler in this blokes flat. Ha the tank sitting on a sheld above. This boiler has a cylinder built in to it. It's massive.

My boss went through it with me a bit later on but said when it comes to service it he will go through it with me as it can be complicated.

Anyway it worked for the hot water but when you turn the room stat up it tripped the electrics. My boss talked me through what to check and it turns out there was moisture in the pump. (2 pumps inside boiler) Does this all make sense to anyone? Obviously my lack of experience doesn't help but i'm obviously missing something because I would not have a clue to make the connection between the room stat tripping the electrics and checking the pumps.

It's so frustrating realising how much i have to learn.

No power to the pump when the stat is off. Stat on, then power to the pump. Then short out because of damp around the terminals of the pump. Hence tripping out.

Big problem is, why is there damp around the pump. Is this a boiler heading for the scrap yard?

It's so frustrating realising how much i have to learn.

Ash, you can't know everything instantly mate. We've all been there so don't worry. The good thing is knowing you've people you can turn to. And you're definitely a quick learner.

And never lose the ability to question yourself. You'll build in confidence as your experience grows but all the while you question yourself, albeit in a more "have i done this? Did I put that back?" kind of way will keep you out of bother.

Is this a boiler heading for the scrap yard?

Its worth the effort :wink:

Probably a small leak above it.

I took a powermax out the other week. Nice residential flat in a posh part of edinburgh Took it down in the lift and sat it inside out of the way near the door ready to be put in the van when i was done.
Some bstd lifted it! Can't even trust the posh people these days :smile:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I need to revise sequence of operations again :D

Its worth the effort :wink:

Probably a small leak above it.

I took a powermax out the other week. Nice residential flat in a posh part of edinburgh Took it down in the lift and sat it inside out of the way near the door ready to be put in the van when i was done.
Some bstd lifted it! Can't even trust the posh people these days :smile:
want some realy bad news tamz last one i took in came to 90quid on the scales plus a bit of ally

want some realy bad news tamz last one i took in came to 90quid on the scales plus a bit of ally

I can't go to scrap yard any more depresses me too much! Send one of the lads in loot run . It seems like it's always down!! £90 good tho , it's about 25kg for stripped power max ?? Still nice perk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Big floor standing boiler with built in cylinder - CH fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock