Search the forum,

Discuss BG F2 boiler pilot light (a simple question)! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulbrighton

Could any of you advise whether the pilot light on a British Gas F2 boiler (F2 - 60) is supposed to be permentely on? (excuse spelling)

Reason for asking is that when we first moved into this house 5 months ago I would have sworn that pilot was not constantly on and now it is. I may of course be totally wrong but am now intrigued and the BG installation instructions do not appear to cover this nor do instructions for a potterton which I found online (same or very similar boiler I believe).

This will lead to a new posting on boiler overheat cutout suddenly starting to occur but that can wait for more investigation before I post about it!

Many thanks /Paul

First of all are you actually having an issue with the boiler.

Secondly please read ALL the notices pertaining to gas and appliances.

If I remember correctly then this boiler is just an old potterton rebadged as a BG boiler.

If I'm right then it does have a permanent pilot light, so there's nothing wrong with your boiler :)

TE=villa_tom;644652]If I remember correctly then this boiler is just an old potterton rebadged as a BG boiler.

If I'm right then it does have a permanent pilot light, so there's nothing wrong with your boiler :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks villa_tom. That helps greatly (ps yes it is a rebadged potterton)

Hi Croppie, Yes I have read notices a pertaining to gas and appliances and yes I am having an issue with the boiler (regular tripping of overheat stat).

Possibly you can guide me here. I am a competent electrical engineer perfectly capable of diagnosing faults on the circuit side of boilers but as I am not GSR does that mean I cannot even look at the boiler electrics (obviously provided I do not touch the gas side) ?

OK croppie I bow to your experience. It is a confusing situation though because, if I understand you correctly, that would mean a sparks cannot connect the control circuits to a boiler unless he was also get ?

Sorry meant to say GSR and not get in last post Doh! Auto correct on this tablet:oops:

OK croppie I bow to your experience. It is a confusing situation though because, if I understand you correctly, that would mean a sparks cannot connect the control circuits to a boiler unless he was also get ?

More often than not yeah. Depends entirely on whether the case is decorative or forms part of the combustion seal.

If it's the latter you most definitely can't.

I'd take a wide and sweeping view if I were you.

Thanks croppie - control wiring under the case so checked out without removing case. Pump overrun not wired correctly if hot water only selected on programmer - no issue if both CH and HW selected. Bugger to find but now rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG F2 boiler pilot light (a simple question)! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock