Discuss Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumber

I bought a bosch combi drill 13 months back, :) now one af the NimHd batteries is already shot (despite running it flat prior to charging):mad:. Bosch offered a 3 year warranty on the drill but its not muchgood if the batteries die after 13 months, and you find the batteries arent part of a 3 yr warranty. what really ****es me off isIve got 3 NiCad batteries fm Bosch that are 4 yrs old and as good as the day I bought that drill, which is now back in the van. It seems that the more tools cost now the less they last, especially if the makers add "Professional" to the title

Any opinions on the best kit to buy nowadays, Milwarkee seems to be top of the polls in my area

i am after a dewalt combi at the moment.
i have my eye on a xrp 14.4 volt, yes i know the 18v is the norm, but they start getting heavy and the 14v kicks a good punch and replacement battery is cheaper too.

the one i have spotted at my local outlet is a 985 xrp with 2 x 2.6 nimh xrp and 30min charger and case... for £100.

what do you recon?.

shall i buy one?.

A lad that works for me killed my SDS today.

We were chasing and he had a 40mm chisel in there, and gloves on. It got so hot, all the oil from inside the chuck had run down his gloves which were melting!!

New one will be £150 from Screwfix, but it's 10% off from 1st of July.

It was a BOSCH GBH 2-26DRE 2kg - they're great tools. Everything has its breaking point.

Last edited:
I am a De Walt man. Best stuff by far. XRP drills with Ni cad batteries, (you can interchange DeWalt batteries) just last and last. I used to buy Makita but I never got on with it. My 18V makita drill cost £350 and is ****e badly balanced and gets very hot. Corded Makita tools have enough lead to get to a Japanese ceiling ie about 5 feet Useless! The fences on all makita saws and routers are worse than useless. I just don't know who designs them. Reliable maybe but crap to use. De Walt as I suspect is Milwaukee seems to be designed by tradesmen. My De Walt chop/mitre saw is just a beautiful piece of engineering The Makita one is a joke by comparison. Abbeypower have an ebay shop for De Walt. They have sold De Walt for years before ebay and converted me. Nimh batteries just do not seem to work on power tools. I haven't tried lithium but my De Walt NiCads have lasted for years and go in all my cordless tools old and new. My Makita NiMh batteries have all been repaired and do not last half as long as De Walt Ni cads despite what the amp hour rating says.

Metabo - is what i use up on roof is robust, light and reliable...and of course i dont pay full price i dont make that much money but if can afford it well worth it! Also festool, and i had a go on a fein multimaster other day...perfect for everything. :)

When i was younger i used to love my Unifix drill. Can't remember the model but it was a big heavy powerful percussion thing. That relationship came to an end when the bstd broke my wrist when i hit a reinforcing bar. (no clutches in them days) Never used that again :D

got a dewalt 18v xrp good alrounder for me got an older 24v bosch still good.. for the really hard concrete I`v got a hilti te17 have to use with caution has no slip clutch eats through concrete also in reserve have a spit 123 hammer drill trouble is it only takes spit bits have all paid for their keep over the years:)regards turnpin

And i thought i was the only one still to have a spit hammer with the tri shank. Never used it for years but it was a good gun. Still got a 321 that works somewhere. Was the first sds i ever had in the 80's.

Hmm!

I like Hilti, good stuff, but dear. I once had an old Wolf drill that weighed a ton but could drill all day long and did for years until it went "walk about!"

Today I would still regard Hilti as good and so is the Japan made Makita, I am unsure as to the Makita's made in other places. Never used Metabo but seems good.

Black and Decker I think took over Kango a well known workhorse and good stuff, they then as far as I know started to use Kango technology for De Walt.

There was also a US made Black and Decker that was very good. But now days the ordinary Black and Decker seems to be DIY and not very good. I think De Walt is possibly going the same way on some tools.

Bosch industrial seems to be good stuff as well. Usually though the workhorse is Makita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock