Search the forum,

Discuss Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumber

I bought a bosch combi drill 13 months back, :) now one af the NimHd batteries is already shot (despite running it flat prior to charging):mad:. Bosch offered a 3 year warranty on the drill but its not muchgood if the batteries die after 13 months, and you find the batteries arent part of a 3 yr warranty. what really ****es me off isIve got 3 NiCad batteries fm Bosch that are 4 yrs old and as good as the day I bought that drill, which is now back in the van. It seems that the more tools cost now the less they last, especially if the makers add "Professional" to the title

Any opinions on the best kit to buy nowadays, Milwarkee seems to be top of the polls in my area

Buy Bosch and read instructions on battery use as Li can be damaged by being discharged totaly like you should do with nim cell or nicads

not aeg perform well but a few probs to date on one we bought mines been ok though

rip the casing of to the batterry cell, get out ur multimeter. you will have a dead cell or two in there. get down to maplins or so, solder new one in and bobs your fannys your aunt. or send of to pro battery repairer google it.

Cordless Power Tool Battery Repair Service - Home

Last edited by a moderator:
best nip back to merchants and retrieve it from assistants *rse where I left it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have not tried them but site tools from screwfix seem good value for money.

erbauer are good cheapish and batteries available, think there german.
scrotumfix.com ÂŁ90

makita does it for me every time, had the same 18v gun inc 3 batterys for 4 years now.

the wife loves them to, the less i spend on tools, the more she can spend on shoes.:D

Makita most of the time. Still have 2 of the original 3 14.4v batteries from 2 years ago and the 3rd was my fault as I dropped the torch in a cistern. Hilti for big drills for core drilling every time. Last a lifetime if you look after it (and it doesnt get nicked).

Got a Hitatchi 18v combi and impact, look good and perform great. (Green and black series) - Cant fault them at all. Even chose the combi over the makita due to performance being almost identical but the hitatchi taking over in looks (yes thats very sad!)

thanks team, local merchant has just dropped bosch this last week and gone over to makita so now I can get one of those little site radios for company, although the bosch rep has promised to retrieve my battery and have it tested? maybe theyll replace it. Agree hilti are great but they seem to walk to easily!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, the missus came in tonight complaining she could smell diesel from her wagon (old discovery) and I see the tanks split, so Ill be waiting a bit longer for my replacement drill!!!!!!

My company uses Bosch gear, must be honest none of it has aged well but im not sure how it was all treated pre my arrival. Got myself the 36v SDS boschammer and love it to bits.

thanks team, local merchant has just dropped bosch this last week and gone over to makita so now I can get one of those little site radios for company, although the bosch rep has promised to retrieve my battery and have it tested? maybe theyll replace it. Agree hilti are great but they seem to walk to easily!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, the missus came in tonight complaining she could smell diesel from her wagon (old discovery) and I see the tanks split, so Ill be waiting a bit longer for my replacement drill!!!!!!

they have dropped bosch ? how many complaints have they had ? most our suppliers round here supply both makita and bosch.

i have had no problems with either but prefer milwaukee.

to be honest though whatevers charged and to hand will do me as long as it gets the job done - but the powertools ive spent my money on (my being the important word are milwaukee) but id not turn my nose up at anything on offer if it works and have makita and bosch tools in the van that all work well.

My advice is simple
1) hilti for core easily the best by far
2) makita for the cordless
if u dont want ur hilti to go walkabout dont leave it where it can do.:D:D:D keep smiling .Hiretools.:cool:

My advice is simple
1) hilti for core easily the best by far
2) makita for the cordless
if u dont want ur hilti to go walkabout dont leave it where it can do.:D:D:D keep smiling .Hiretools.:cool:

It will happen to u oneday, prehaps then you wont be such a sarcastic soul, when your frantically looking for your kit:mad:

I have use of Dewalt and Makita 18v Lithium hammer drills. Makita have been doing lithium longer than most so they have great long lasting batteries but for sheer grunt i would have my Dewalt every time. I have a bosch 10v screwdriver which i swear by though because of its size and power

Is Ryobi any good?
Got about ÂŁ100 to spend on adrill?
Saw this one Ryobi One+ 18V Combi Drill & 4V Li-Ion Screwdriver Kit - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys any ideas?

My company uses Bosch gear, must be honest none of it has aged well but im not sure how it was all treated pre my arrival. Got myself the 36v SDS boschammer and love it to bits.

i have this aswell and find it very good as for other power tools makita all the way

A note now in favour of Bosch. ringing the reps mobile and complaining regularly on his answer phone resulted in a new and upgraded battery pack appearing in my merchants yesturday, surprised and happy now,trying the bosch service line resulted in FA, so it not what you know but who you know and winging works.

Hi, new to here but noticed the power tool thread. The best battery equipment i have used is milwaulkee. It's tough durable and powerful. The cordless hammer drill easily goes through walls with a 25mm sds bit.
I have used makita bosch and dewalt but the milwaulkee gear has been the best by far.
To the person considering the ryobi 18v plus one, my advice is avoid. I bought 1 and in less than a year of moderate use it is already knackered.

hi there i have just brought a milwaukee 18v combi and impact driver my local power tool shop recommended milwaukee over anything else they repair alot of makita and dewalt and have never had a milwaukee 18v back havent used it yet but i am happy with my choice.

skrufix.
makita 18v combi 2 batts 30min charger ÂŁ80?.
any good?.

Yep!!!

Ive had my Makita 18v for several years. Its been hammered repeatedly and daily (excuse the pun)
and its still going strong.

Both batteries have decent charge capacity still and dont take long to recharge.

The drill is still as good as when it was new which is saying a lot!!

bosch (blue) makita or aeg are my thorts only go for 18 volt with 2.6 amp hour batterys anythig less dont have the grunt i am a carpenter by trade and wouldnt use anything else
most come with two batts an a 15 min charger nowadays
o an dont leave them in the van only night the cold drains the batterys

Hmm!

De Walt are part of Black and Decker is probably well known. But did you know Milwaukee, Ryobi, AEG, Regina and few other well known brands all belong to TTI?

Hmm!

Might find out only two people really write to the forum, everybody else is the same person using different names?

Globalisation isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock