Discuss Best make for a pipe bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers for the link malcky, the pipe benders look good and are agood price

Robbo, go into a PTS, order the NTTB1522. They are made by Bend it now for Nerrad Tools, red in colour but as I say, made by BIN in Sheffield.
I have a set, absolutely perfect.

Forge pipe benders from Screwfix are completely cr*p!! As said , Hilmor are the best from the ones Ive used

See the mini pipe benders in screwfix. 3 of them I think, all made in the same factory! I have the cheap ones, Rothenberger want twice as much for red paint. I guess they're all at it. A mate got a cheap set of normal benders, was no angle markers and need to be as strong as a bear to pull round the 22mm

I have a set of ancient cranked arm record ones. Still work fine. Never use them.

Also have a set of those blue ones (brand new) that they sell at Toolstation. They work fine too.

I bought a load of tools from one of the guys on this forum, who was jacking it in. Are they worth anything second hand? I've been keeping them incase I ever lose/break my trusty Hilmors. I say trusty, they ripple 22 at the moment, but I will get round to sorting that.

the rothenberg pipe benders are rubbish. i was on a site and had another plumber with me. we went in one van and he forgot his pipe bender. no biggie got the rothenberg one. must of been out of the van 5 mins when the joiner comments "ooo dont you guys mean business with your rothenberger bender, you get paid to much" i laughed pretty hard. anyway went to lunch both benders where left together come back and the rothenberger bender had been nicked. they left the hilmor

I've had my Rothenberger bender for years but keep threatening to buy a Hilmor because THE HILMOR ONE DOESN'T DAMAGE THE PIPE!

The problem I've noticed with my Rothenberger is that it leaves a kink in the pipe and you're knackered if you want to cut it close to the bend because it makes it impossible to get a fitting on. I tried filing down the snot on the hookstop (had to google that) which I thought was causing the deformation but it still does it. I think Rothenberger tools are great, got a set of adjustables and water pump pliers among a few other things, but their pipe bender has always been a pain.

Hilmor here I come! Been saying that for years.

Can't go wrong with a Hilmor.

When this one gives up the ghost i'll go for the bend it now hilmor.

Benders are a very personal thing- I wouldnt swap my Hilmors for anything. Had a pair of Record benders when I was an apprentice, never liked them. With regard to the Rotherberger ones, Ive only ever heard bag things about them, noone I know has gotten on with them. Plus they have silly wafer thin bending guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best make for a pipe bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Irwin pipe bender has lost the retaining nut for the central bolt and the 12mm we have on site aren't the right pitch. Does anyone know what...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock