Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know what type of nut is needed for an Irwin pipe bender? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

My Irwin pipe bender has lost the retaining nut for the central bolt and the 12mm we have on site aren't the right pitch.
Does anyone know what type of 12mm nut to get?
Irwin don't, I've asked.
No replaceable parts on their benders.

If Irwin can’t help, I doubt someone will know from memory.

You either need a tap/die set in m12 and then line up the different pitches to figure it out. Or if you don’t have a set, hope someone on here does and the same bender.

I’ve got the set, just not the bender.

I’d just order a nut for each pitch, there’s not many. Most common in m12 is coarse thread - 1.75 and fine thread - 1.25.

However, you can get 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc.

If you can’t test, find a thread that goes into the nut you have and then line it up with the bender thread. If you know your nut pitch, then you’ll know if you should go coarser or finer.

Or just order one of each I’ve listed.

If Irwin can’t help, I doubt someone will know from memory.

You either need a tap/die set in m12 and then line up the different pitches to figure it out. Or if you don’t have a set, hope someone on here does and the same bender.

I’ve got the set, just not the bender.

I’d just order a nut for each pitch, there’s not many. Most common in m12 is coarse thread - 1.75 and fine thread - 1.25.

However, you can get 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc.

If you can’t test, find a thread that goes into the nut you have and then line it up with the bender thread. If you know your nut pitch, then you’ll know if you should go coarser or finer.

Or just order one of each I’ve listed.
Thanks very much, I'll get one of each!
Once I know which one it is I'll get some spares.

Reply to Anyone know what type of nut is needed for an Irwin pipe bender? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock