Search the forum,

Discuss Best hardware to view boiler manuals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Combat plumber

Hi all,

My laptop is dying and I was wondering what other pieces of hardware others use to view boiler pdf manuals. Getting peed off with battery life and having another bag to carry from the van.
I've noticed that Samsung have just brought out this neat smartphone/tablet called the 'Note' is it any good?

Truth is for me I have loads of pdf's on my computer but print them off when needed ... lol I bought an Acer notepad and padded carry pouch which is small and neat but have only taken it to a couple of jobs.

same for me print em as i need them, BAXI though will send you as many mi,s on there products as you need FOC

ive got a samsung galxay tab use it every day got 8gb of pdf boiler manuls on it and got books and pictures of my works ive got the full mr combi traing stuff on there the vids and traing sheets ive got the pdfs of the g rated boilers obsolete parts boilers with aspestos in them the list goes on its like a part of my tool box now

Last edited by a moderator:
Went into the local boiler spares shop yesterday and I was the only one there without an iPad !

Went into the local boiler spares shop yesterday and I was the only one there without an iPad !

What is the world coming to when you feel out of place among your peers because you actually know what to do without looking it up on a computer thing :lol:

What is the world coming to when you feel out of place among your peers because you actually know what to do without looking it up on a computer thing :lol:

bought the missus a i-RON shes not impressed

you must be a better engineer than most people to remember every fault code for every boiler if they have no got a book to look in >>>>

I have had this issue for years turning up on jobs with no manuals so have bitten the bullet and bought an ipad2 which is great , the idea of carrying around different manuals is a thing of the past, I would recommend an ipad to anyone I cannot see a downside except the price which is saved straight away by not calling manufacturers and time saved on jobs etc

I don't know about the ipad. It seems alot of money and i've been told that you can't run an external drive from it. At the mo I have a memory stick holding 22Gb of manuals. How big is the internal memory of the iPad?

i went for a acer net book too with a 8gig usb , couple of hundred quid if i broke it on a job id be a bit peeved drop the ipad and am more likley to cry lig a big girls blouse

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for a netbook too, I did look into getting an ipad2 but I couldn't justify the expense. I'm kinda glad I didn't go for it because I hardly ever use the netbook with my boiler pdfs on it.

if you phone the manufactures help lines from the customers phone it costs less :)

i have an old macbook (about 10years old) that i have some stuff on but i dont need to use it very offten.

Good point using customers phone ,but it doesnt help if the boiler is in a garage as you have to be standing in front of boiler most times. It is hard to justify the price of an ipad but the way I look at is its a work tool like an FGA or powerflushing machine . The expense can be off set tax wise . plus you have a very useful tool at your finger tips plus which can save you time hence more money , a bit of a no brainer for me as self employed

i got my daughters old i pod for( beer money 50.00) bit small but works well....

I have a HP touchpad. Is there a good place for me to download a library of manuals to it. I assume they will all be in PDF format.

dont think i'd like to fork out on an ipad to use for work, already ruined my phone for using it in work, but would like some sort of notepad to have a look at manuals etc

samsung s2 google boiler,gasfire or cooker and 9 times outta 10 it finds what you want dont forget to put pdf at end of the manual your searching for.....can take a 32 gig memory card just waiting for boiler manual cd when i get round to ordering it then gonna put it on the card.....like gquigley said just risk busting your phone...

I did use my Iphone but that was a pain as the screen it to small to view boilers

I've just been informed that Amazon is releasing a 7" colour touch screen pad called the "Kindle Fire" in February for ÂŁ199.

i was thinking of downloading the pdfs from the list at the top of this forum do you have to do each seperately or is there a way to do then in bulk?or is there anyone out there would coppy theres on to a stick if i sent the stick?

Last edited:
There used to be a website with them all on. I've lost my cd or I'd burn you a copy.

I've just been informed that Amazon is releasing a 7" colour touch screen pad called the "Kindle Fire" in February for ÂŁ199.

I don't know about the kindle fire but someone told me you can put pdf's on a normal kindle and they're only about ÂŁ80.
Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best hardware to view boiler manuals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock